École Internationale PACA Manosque

Application Procedure Canadian Universities

Most applications to Canadian universities are made online directly with each university.


  1. Research the courses and universities on the Study in Canada website: https://www.studyincanada.com/Programs/ProgramSearchIndex.aspx
  2. Use the filters to narrow down the course, the region or the university.
  3. If you cannot find the European Bac or the OIB in the list of entry requirements, you will need to select the French Baccalaureate or ‘other high school leaving certificate » and then specify what you are studying.
  4. For specific searches and information about studying in Quebec: http://www.education.gouv.qc.ca/en/references/studying-in-quebec/steps-to-take-to-study-in-quebec/
  5. Information about studying in Canada from the Canadian government: https://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/france/study-etudie/index.aspx?lang=eng

Please remember to be realistic with your choices of universities and courses.  The top ranked ones are very difficult to get places in and are not necessarily the right match for you.  You should always consider having a back up option – a choice with a slightly lower entry requirement.


When you have made your choices, you will need to fill in the online application form on the website of each Canadian university.  The applications are not centralised like in other countries.  If you have any specific questions about the applications process or what the entry requirements are, contact the admissions tutors at the universities.

Once you have completed your application, the universities will contact you for any supporting documents you need to send them.  These will usually be a copy of your passport/ID, your transcript, an English qualification (see the university websites for what is required, and ask us for a certificate if you are taking the European Bac or OIB) and sometimes a piece of work. You usually have to upload a copy of your school transcript (school reports since S5/seconde).  Please remember to request this document at least four weeks in advance so we have time to translate everything into English for you.

Decisions from Universities

Each university and college will make their decisions at different times, and for International students outside of Canada or the US, this will be between February and May. Decisions will arrive by email (check your junk mail/spam) and then you will be able to see them in your specific area on the university website.

Study Permit

Before you can start your studies in Canada, you have to apply for and receive a study permit.  These immigration documents are compulsory if you are planning to study for more than six months in Canada.  The application takes time to process, so apply for it as soon as you have received your offer if you intend to study in Canada. You will find information about the process here.

Auteur / autrice